ROAD NOISE

2005 Toyota Camry

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2005 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have recently started to notice a lot of road noise coming from the front end. The tires are relatively new and I had them checked for bad wear or improper balance but all were okay. I do a lot of highway driving and the vehicle has 117K on it. The auto shop who does my oil changes said the bearings appear to be okay but noticed the right wheel brake pads are worn more than the left. I do not hear any squeals from the brakes but could this be causing the road noise? Any help would be appreciated prior to me speding some bucks in the shop.
Fogliar

If right caliper is draging then noise is possible.

Docfixit
So would this be a cleaning issue or is this indicitve of a pending failure of the assembly? I know it is hard to tell but should I unbolt the assembly and lubricate the areas that are normally lubricted, or is there a spray cleaner off the shelf for something like this?

Fogliar
You may try and lube the slide pins but more likely the caliper piston is not retracting and may need replaced. Can you describe the noise?

Docfixit
The noise is a road hum that changes pitch with speed. I have heard this noise before when your tires have very little tread left on it.

Fogliar
Let's try a couple of diagnostic tests
While driving noise going on keep on accel. Take left foot lightly apply brake. Does noise pitch change? If so brake drag. If not then gently move wheel to the left then to right does pitch /noise change or go away? If so indicates wheel bearing.
Let me know

Docfixit
Slight increase in road noise when applyiing brakes but not when moving wheels back and forth.

Fogliar
Then let's try the caliper see if noise can be eliminated.

Docfixit
Repalcement or take it apart and clean it?

Fogliar