CAR IS OVERHEATING

2003 Toyota Camry

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

my car has been slowly leaking coolant for the past 3 days. Then today the temperature gauge went way up and then back down to normal and then up again. When I got home and turned off my car, it was smoking (just a little).
Nc4176

Hi there,

You will have to go get a cooling system pressure test done to identify where the leak is, this will have to be repaired first.

Mark, mhpautos.

Mhpautos
My 2003 Camry 4 cyl (120,000 miles) did this exact same thing! I immediately took it to the closest dealer, it was less than a mile (this is not the dealer I use). Come to find out that the coolant leak was behind the engine. They warned me that it was the head gasket and that the block could possibly be warped. Well you guessed it, the block was warped and 2 bolts were stripped while they were trying to remove it! I have never had this much trouble with any of the Toyotas I have owned. I guess since I was a woman they thought I didn't know enough about cars. They were wrong. I'd like to know how a block can get warped in an manner of a few seconds! I was floored! I immediately hired a roll-back to go get my vehicle and it now sits in my neighbor's driveway waiting for a $2700 engine to replace the one that dealer screwed up in my car! I will never use that dealership again. I will leave my car on the side of the road next time! Please be careful!

Pointbrze