OIL LEAK, ROUGH IDLE

1995 Toyota 4Runner

Little over a week ago I bought a 95' 4runner, V6 3.5L, 4WD, automatic transmission with 115,000 miles on the odometer. The previous owner told me that he had the head gaskets and timing belt replaced about 20,000 miles prior and new tires. Etc. I test drove it and had my father, who is somewhat of a mechanic but not enough to have me asking questions elsewhere, inspect it and figured for the price it was a good buy. I was noted by the previous owner that it had a SLIGHT oil leak which I stupidly shook off as merely a quick fix. Now it's 6 days later and i'm experiencing drastic oil leaks and a rough idle which runs about 500RPM at a stand still. I am a poor college student and don't have the extra 1-2k to fix it if it's a major problem, please help!
ConnorDion

Hello !

Well start checking where the oil its leaking from, could be just a bad pan gasket.
The rough idle. Inspect and clean the carbon build-up of the IAC valve and The EGR.

Question: is the MIL (check engine light) on?

Let us know on your findings.

Good Luck!

Fisherman
Thanks! My check engine light is not on. I'm thinking of taking it by a local shop to have it looked at today. Hopefully nothing to major.

ConnorDion