BRAKES

1993 Saturn SL2

Brakes problem
1993 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My brake pads are still fairly new and every time I apply the brakes they make this harsh vibration. I did notice that my rotors are heavly worn and the rubber seal on the back of the calipers are showing wear. But the rubber seal and the rotors have always been that way so why is it only now that its vibrating. And making a wooping noise. It kinda acts likes when a abs braking system applys the brakes and disengages the brakes to prevent wheel lock up during sudden braking, only this year saturn does not have abs
Joaquin Arroyo

Hello –

If I understand you correctly, when you apply the brakes you feel a vibration in the steering wheel?

This means your brake rotors are warped. The only way to correct is to replace them. I have seen some try to get them turned but that isn’t really good for this. You can pick them up at Auto Zone for about $38 each…. This is a good deal for rotors….2 year warranty.

How are your tires by the way….

My bet…. The rotors are warped if you feel a vibration in the steering wheel when braking.

Thanks for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS