STALLS

1992 Saturn SL2

1992 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77000 miles

I have a 1992 Saturn SL2, 1.9L dohc that starts fine, runs fine, then after ten minutes or so stalls without warning. Sometimes it will start right back up, but lately it takes longer and longer to start, sometimes 30 minutes to an hour. Problem is getting worse. I bought a fuel filter (to my knowledge it's never been replaced). Do you thimnk it is indeed the fuel filter? If yes, is the little plastic thing that comes with the filter the tool for disconnecting the line? Also, could it be a map sensor?
TomBeal1963

Yes the little plastic clip is the release tool it releases the line off the rail. If ur fuel filter has never been replaced I would change it ur suppose to change it every 30,000 miles.I don't think ur fuel filter is ur problem though. Next time it dies and won't start take off two wires off ur coil that are right next to each other have someone crank it over while u watch for spark jumping from tower to tower. Let's see if ur loosing spark when it dies and won't start. If that's the case then we can figure out why. If it has spark we will move on to checking fuel. Spark is the easiest to check let me know what u find.