WILL NOT SHIFT AFTER REPLACING SHIFT CABLES

2001 Saturn SL1

2001 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

I have a 2001 Saturn SL1 that I just replaced the 2 shift cables and now the transmission will not shift into any gear. The gearshift will move side to side and the cable on the transmission will move the selector lever on the transmission, but I cannot put the transmission in any gear. The Haynes Manual says something about a solenoid, (it is a 5Speed Transmission) but gives basically no information - I drove it up on ramps in 1st gear before I started - got the cables replaced and now it won't shift into any gear at all, not even if I disconnect the cables at the transmission and try it by hand. Any ideas?
RZ731

First of all thank you so much for your donation. Let's start with why did you replace your cable's in the first place?What were the problem's you were having?Also did you use factory Saturn cable's or did you go aftermarket?

Using Manufactures OEM Cables One cable bushing broke under the gear shifter

RZ731
Wish you would have talked to me earlier they make a repair kit for that cable end that broke. Alright let's start with the basic's. On the transmission do you have the white cable end on the top position and the black cable end on the bottom?If not change them now. Also inside the car at the base of the shifter the black closed cable end should be in the outer position the position where the cable end broke to begin with and the other cable in the center if there not like that then change them now. Let me know what you found.