OIL LEAK AND SUSPENSION QUESTION.

1996 Saturn SC2

1996 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

I noticed that oil was leaking into cylinder 1 and I would normally just take out the spark plug and let it drain through, start my car, and it would fix the problem. Had this problem for a couple months, and now the oil isnt leaking into the cylinder, I can actually see it on the exterior of the engine. I replaced the valve cover gasket and that did not fix the problem, Any ideas?

Also, Theres a rod protruding through the carpet by the rear speakers, im guessing a bushing? It makes A LOT of noise when going over any bump so I try to avoid any bumps. I have heard that I can jack the car up and take the rod/bushing, whatever it is, out and replace it with a new one, or used from another model of the same car. Any ideas of if this is true, or how I would fix it? I heard that I may have to take out the rear glass?
Blumo349

Where is the oil leaking from on ur valve cover. Also can u post a pic of the oil leak and that bushing ur talking it would sure help. Iam trying to picture where the oil is comming from and what that bushing looks like I know there is the upper strut bushings under ur rear package try. Where ur speakers are but it's under it and u can't see it when the package tray is down in place.