ENGINE RUNNING LOUD, OIL LEAKS

1993 Saturn SC2 • 22,000 miles

I have a 93 Saturn SC2 DOHC with around 220,000 miles. There is some oil leakage on the left side of the engine (if you are facing the front of the car with the hood up) to the left of the crankshaft pulley. I had the valve cover replaced and recently noticed oil in the spark plug wells. I wanted to know where the oil leak in the engine could be coming from and whether the engine running loud is from the oil in the spark plug wells, from the oil leak on the side of the engine, or from something else. I also would like to know what would cause oil in the spark plug wells if the valve cover gasket has already been replaced.
1Bearcat

It wasn't done right if its still leaking also have oil pan gasket/front crank seal checked

Just to add to this one is the oil leak behind behind crank pulley?Also as far the oil in the spark plug tube area goes there is seals around the tubes to keep oilfrom leaking in.I would take it back to where they replaced the valbe cover gasket. Replacing the gasket should have fixed that issue. Where is engine noise coming from?Also have you made sure the oil level is full?

The engine just sounds like its running rough. It idles at the normal rate and doesnt misfire or anything, its just loud. I thought maybe it was from the oil clogging up in the spark plug tubes. I just had the oil changed so the oil level is full. The oil leak is coming just to the left of the crank pulley. I cant tell if its coming from the valve cover and dripping down. Its pretty dry by the valve cover but gets very oily next to the crank pulley. I thought since the valve cover was replaced just a few months ago it couldnt be from the valve cover.

1Bearcat
Oil in the sparkplugs wells is a sign that its leaking around the plug tubes-have it rechecked

If its leaking oil behind the crank pulley then most likely its a front seal leaking. You would have to clean the oil up and see where the oil is actually leaking. So is the engine vibrating as well as sounding loud?Its pretty common for the upper engine mount to colaspe and cause the engine to vibrate and sound loud. Its the mount right by the valve cover they colaspe and tear.