SL2 ABS BRAKES

1995 Saturn Other

I can step on the brake with both feet as hard as I can without locking a wheel or causing the ABS to engage. The ABS light shows normal operation (performs self-test upon turning on the ignition switch). Two mechanics connected scan tools to the system and told me there are no stored codes. The car has new pads and rotors. The calipers were all checked and the system bled. Can it be a mechanical failure of a solenoid causing this symptom? Could the ABS pistons be stuck in the wrong position? My mechanics suggests I just live with it, but why have ABS brakes that do not work?
Mer041352

ABS will do nothing if the brakes themselves can't lock the wheel, it sounds to me like you have either the wrong calipers or pad material on the car! Pull your ABS fuse and see for yoyrself. Will the brakes lock up with the fuse pulled? If not, it's the normal brake system at fault.

Merlin2021