1997 Rover 4 Series

1997 Rover 4 Series 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

hi, I have had problems with starting my rover 420sdi. We have changed the glow plugs and put a new battery on, it is turning over but not firing up, can you help?

Crank and no start condition, do below: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Does the glow plug light on the dash display light up at all ? the check engine light showing ? (orange engine light) ..start by locking and unlocking doors with remote keyfob then trying to start vehicle ... the immoboliser needs resetting this way after battery replacement !!

Dave H