RADIATOR FAN(LEFT SIDE) NOT WORKING

2002 Toyota Camry • 190,000 miles

My husband was changing my oil and filter yesterday and noticed my left side fan on my radiator not working or coming on at all. I immediately called and ordered a fan motor for that side and done some research waiting on the part to come in. Neither my husband or I have checked the relay, that I just read and realized even had a relay for the fan motor, the fuse, or hooked up any wires to see if the fan is getting power or not before we start out changing the fan motor itself. I'm just needing to know exactly what steps need to be taken first to ensure we are changing the correct item and doing it as guidelines suggest. I greatly appreciate your help.
Look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Bandiandlayton1

When fan is supposed to work, use something to knock lightly at the motor and if it starts working, that would mean it is failing and should be repaired.

If you have a test light or DVOM, disconnect the fan wire connector and test for battery voltage at one of the terminals of the wireharness.

You can apply battery voltage to one terminal of the fan motor and ground the other terminal. If the fan works, it is not a motor fault.

So if you look at you vehicle from front. You have left and right fans. Left fan is for air conditioner, it will not work until air conditioner gets hot, only then that fan will run to cool of ac, even when you turn AC on it will not operate until AC gets hot. Right fan can run when ever engine gets hot.

Alexfbi77
Any update on this?