ENGINE SHUT-OFF IN STOP SIGN

Nissan Maxima

I has a 1996 Nissan Maxima with 130k milleage. The engine shut off sometime during stop for lights, BUT engine never shut off if move the gear to neutral or parking durign stop for lights. I changed air and fuel filters, also did injector clean, no helps.
Gchen1

I had the same problem for months and I couldn't get a mechanic who could solve the problem. The car would shot down when I'm idling. I kept changing parts that were thought to be the problem. I changed the distributor about 3 times. Eventually I changed the whole throttle body (I had changed several of it parts but now I've changed the whole thing). I can't vouch for it but it has been a couple weeks and the car has not shot down yet.
I thought I was the only unfortunate one with this problem. Get a good mechanic otherwise you'll be spending a lot of money. Let them tell you if they can not fix the problem.

Crazi
It sounds to me like you may have a transmission problem. These transmissions have an electronic lock up feature for the tourque converter to fully lock when cruising speed is attained. If this is not disengaging it would cause the problem you describe.

Smith3993