MULTIPLE PROBLEMS (STARTING, SMELL,

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage. I've had it for 8 years, and now I'm starting to have some problems. Last year I had to replace my battery and alternator because the care suddenly stopped working one day when I was driving. Since those changes were made, if I let the car sit for 1 day, the next day I try to drive it, it will not start. After I get a jump, the car immediately has a burning rubber smell. As of yesterday, my 'check engine soon' came on and will not go off. I took it to Auto Zone and they ran a diagnostic test and gave me a code. They said it has something to do with my fuel injector trim (or something to that affect). Is there a connection between all of the problems? If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!
Jharr109

Hi jharr109,

What was teh trouble code retrieced?

I don't think it has anything to do with the non starting, which seems to be a parasitic drain on the battery causing it to go flat.

Get the alternator charging rate tested.
Check the belt tension and condition. The burning rubber could be the beltings slipping or wearing due to alternator pulley alignment.