BAD SMELLS

Mazda Other

2005 Mazda6 GT, 2.3L

A couple days ago I notice a smell when I turn on the heat. I soon realized its not just the heat, even cool air gives that bad bad smell. I tried to point out the problem but not having much luck. No matter its cool or warm air, A/C, fresh air or circular air. I keep getting the smell. Its hard to discribe the smell. Not burned smell, not skunk. JUST BAD.I bought it to the service to see whats wrong with it. But they told me they find no fault, and have me to just deal with it. They say the smell is likely from the sulphur in the gasoline. And that the converter has not fully break in yet, but my car is at 55000k already. And if its really the exhaust smell, I shouldn't smell it when I am driving on the highway. I have to drive with my windows open and/or without the blower. WHAT is that smell? How do I get rid of it!
Mazda6

I would be suspicious of mold on the evaporator core. Replace the cabin air filter for one, and secondly there is a kit that can sanitize the duct work.

I just used this on a Mazda 626 with positive results. I know there are other ones on the market, but I have not used any other.