CAR WILL NOT START

1991 Lincoln Town Car

1991 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 183000 miles

hello,
I need help on what to do about my 1991 lincoln town car will not start after I changed the valve cover gaskets and then I degreased it and pressure washed the engine. The car was starting perfect beforre I cleaned engine. Did I short out something electrical or get water on a sensitive part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. David
Daviddlw

1991 Lincoln Town Car car will not start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Hey this site is out standing, I needed help on my car question and I recieved a answer on what could be wrong and I tried the crank shaft sensor and the wire had come off the connector. My car starts right up. Great job fellows. I will recommend this site to everyone I know about getting help on mechanic question. Thanks again. David

Daviddlw