MODELS KNOCKING NOISE WHEN ACCELERATING

1997 Kia Other

Noises problem
1997 Other Kia Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 95,000 miles

Over the last couple of weeks my 1997 Kia Sephia LS has started to make a noise. When I accelerate there is a sputtering/ knocking noise and it seems to be getting louder. The noise seems to be coming from the front of the car (I'm not exactly sure which side). It only makes the noise when I'm in gear and pushing the gas. If I'm in neutral and rev the engine there's no noise. I'm just wondering what the problem might be?
Dmorton59

Problem could be detonation/spark knock-Have the ignition timing and knock sensor checked out-might not be retarding the timing or wrong type of fuel being use. Or an EGR problem

I would say your problem could be apart of the Exhaust system. Either Blown Exhaust gasket (cheap easy fix), hole in the Exhaust Manifold (Could be shop welded at local auto parts store) or somewhere else down the pipe. (Minor-to-major repair needed. Exhaust patch kits dont last, so dont bother)

SRD.

SHANDON