SPORTAGE OVERHEATING/RATTLE

2002 Kia Other

I have a 2002 Kia Sportage with 40,000 miles. I have a couple of questions:
1. Just recently the A/C stopped working. The air blows but only warm air. I also noticed that when the car is sitting and running the Thermostat continues to go up to the " H" position. But when the car is in motion it stays roughly at the half way mark.
2. Although I have taken the car in for repairs more than 20 times : ( there is still a continued front end rattle when the car is initially started up. But when it has been running awhile there is no rattle.

Do you have any suggestions?
Ddavis

It sounds like you have a problem with your clutch fan or myy be even your rad might have a slight blockage.
Check the level of your antifreeze first.
As for your rattle; I have often seen the catalytic converter broken inside and cause a sound like this(you can when the vehicle is cold, hit the exhaust slightly and see if it rattles) hit it on the catalytic and also neao the muffler.
Try that and let me know!

Cody-ody
Check you cooling fan, it may be cracked and will shatter. See recall notice. This happened to me last year.

SamuraiPenguin