POPPING

1999 Jeep Wrangler

Noises problem
1999 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 119000 miles

every time I change gears I hear a loud popping noise
Paintballgod9@hotmail.com

Can you be a little more specific as to where your hearing the noise from? It could be alot of things, try and describe it better please. Curt

Mechcurt
Ok I just put all new u joints in the cv rear drive shaft, I dont think its coming from the rear-end. But I do think it might be somewhere near my slip yoke, the rear drive shaft has to much play when I turn it counter clock wise. What do u think could be the problem?

Thanks, lance

Well when you installed the u joints you would of noticed alot of play in the slip joint I would think. Plus unless the jeep has just been used really hard you dont have enough miles on it to have that worn of a slip joint. I dont understand tho all the play in the rear shaft unless there is a problem with the rearend. It may be worth dropping the cover off the rear end and just having a look? Sorry wish I could be more help. Curt

Mechcurt