JEEP WRANGLER GRINDING PROBLEM

2001 Jeep Wrangler • 170,536 miles

When I put my jeep in four wheel low it makes a grinding sound is this a bad thing or what its not in gear or in a bind when I do it
T.j. wood

First, make sure the gear lube in the transfer case is clean and full. Also, is it a grinding noise you hear or could it be gear noise? The gears in the transfer case can be noisy

No it is a grinding noise and I haven't thought about checking the gear oil level about how much dose it hold gear oil that is

T.j. wood
Exact amount I don't know. However, there is a drain plug and a fill plug on the transfercase facing the rear of the vehicle. Remove the fill plug and fill it until the oil starts coming back out. The full line is the bottom of the threads on the fill plug.

Let me know what you find.

Ok thanks

T.j. wood
I hope it helps

DOES IT DO IT ---IF YOU ARE COMPLETELY STOPPED WITH THE CLUTCH PEDAL PUSHED ALL THE WAY IN?

YOU NEED ONE OF THESE!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

THIS WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF JUICE---WHERE TO PUT IT IN (AND DRAIN IT WHEN IT'S TIME!)----YOUR BIG CONCERNS ARE THE TRANNY/ TRANSFER CASE/ FRONT AND REAR DIFFERENTIALS

NOT TO MENTION THE ENGINE

'MEMBER, CHECK THE OIL AND COOLANT LEVELS ONCE A WEEK.........NOT JUST ME!.....YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING

GOOD MAINTENANCE PRACTICES MIGHT ME HE'LL BE YOUR BUDDY, LIKE MINE HAVE BEEN, FOR A LONG TIME........ONE IS 36 THE OTHER IS 67 YEARS YOUNG!

EAT YOUR HEART OUT Jacobandnickolas ! ! !

I GOT MORE GOOD INFO FOR YOU, T.j. wood, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

WE LIKE PICS TOO!

YOUR TURN

Ok I am ganna check it tomorrow bc my wife has drove it to work and its a automatic just jade a new tranny put in about a year ago so I know that's not it I'll let u know what I find in the next few days thanks

T.j. wood
WAITING ON HER.I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D TRUST "HER" WITH YOUR BABY!

THE BEST INFO YOU CAN HAVE!

--IF YOUR YEAR IS NOT LISTED---USE THE YEAR ABOVE OR BELOW. THEY DID NOT DUPLICATE A MANUAL IF THE SAME INFO WAS IN ANOTHER SAME MODEL

SCROLL DOWN TO "ON-LINE MANUAL" AND HAVE AT IT!

. OR IS IT HERS?

DID YA GET IT ALL FIGGERED OUT?

MY DAUGHTER CLAIMS "WILLY" AS HER'S. SHE HELPED WITH RESTORATION WHILE 3 AND 4 YEARS OLD (PICS 1 AND 2)

DURING THE SUMMERS, WHILE STAYING WITH ME, SHE LEARNED HOW TO DRIVE HIM 100%, BY AGE 10. RATHER THAN USE THE STARTER, SHE'D RATHER "SHOW OUT" AND HAND CRANK HIM (PIC 3)

HAD TO GET A GLAMOUR SHOT, WHILE WHILE TEACHING HER HOW TO NAVIGATE WITH MAP AND COMPASS. ALSO AT AGE 10 (PIC 4)

NOW WHEN SHE AND MY GRANDSON VISIT, SHE AGE 23 AND HE AGE 3, CRUISE AROUND DURING CHRISTMAS OF 2010 (PIC 5)

"WILLY" IS NOW 67. BEING THAT THE NUMBER I CHOSE TO PUT ON THE HOOD IS HER BIRTHDAY, THAT'S HER MAIN "CLAIM" OF HIM BEING HER'S!

"PUP-PUP" MY DACHSHUND LIKE TO RIDE IN 'IM TOO! (PIC 6)

Yea it was the fluid low thanks for the input if I have anything else I'll keep u in mind thanks a lot just got it about an houre ago

T.j. wood
Page 1 of 2