WON'T START WHEN HOT

2004 Jeep Liberty

2004 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

I drive about 40 miles to pick up my son from school, if I cut the car off on a really hot day and come out to start it, it will not start for about 30 minutes. We drove to the beach and back with no problem. Have replaced battery, starter, alterantor. What could it be?
Sunshine52377

Hi Sunshine52377. Welcome to the forum. What are the symptoms? &Quot; Doesn't start" covers a number of different conditions. If you replaced the starter and alternator, that suggests you are chasing a no-crank condition where the starter doesn't spin the engine. To relate it to high temperature and sitting with a hot engine for a short time suggests the engine cranks but doesn't start up and run. That would have nothing to do with the starter or alternator. A heat-sensitive, (failing), crankshaft position sensor is a common suspect but they will usually cause a diagnostic fault code to be memorized in the Engine Computer which will turn on the Check Engine light.