RIGHT REAR BRAKE SHOE EXTREMELY HOT

2002 Jeep Liberty

Brakes problem
2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

Question: 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
mileage: 75,000.
Standard (non-ABS) brakes.

For the past year or so I have been plagued with rapid wear of the right rear brake shoe. I've replaced rear shoes, drums, front pads, and rotors.

I notice when driving that the right rear brakes are getting incredibly hot; enough to " sizzle" after driving in the rain. When replacing the shoes, the old lining was heat cracked.

I've been performing my own repairs for over 20 years, and have never before experienced this condition.

Do I have a front left caliper hanging up or is it a master cylinder? Thanks in advance.
Landrews

I would suspect the rear right caliper of being bad not the left front since thats the one thas dragging, either that caliper is bad or you have a restricted brake line, does loosening he brake bleeder stop the caliper from binding?

Blackop555
I don't have rear calipers; I've got drums and shoes. Is it possible to have a rear wheel cylinder not fully return? If the opposite front caliper slides (mounting bolts) aren't well lubricated, would that also affect a rear wheel cylinder?

Every time I've changed the brake shoes, I've also installed new springs / hardware. I also put a dab (minimal) of anti-sieze on the backing plate on the 6 contact points where the shoes ride.

If I bleed the brake lines (I've got a MityVac bleeder) until I get clean brake fluid, would that ensure I don't have a restricted brake line?

Landrews
Hanging up front brake wont cause the rear brake to have any problems.

You have a caliper in the rear also, it pushes the shoes causing them to expand.

Blackop555