P1698-NO BUS MESSAGE FROM TRANS CONTROL MODULE

Jeep Cherokee

Hi, I have a Jeep Cherokee sport 2001. My idle speed seems very low, I've read in my hand book that it should range between 700-900 and mine is in the low 500. I've replaced the idle air control motor and cleaned the throttle body but the result is still the same. I took the car to a mechanic for a check since my transmission was acting up after scanning the computer he found the following error codes P1698-NO BUS MESSAGE FROM TRANS CONTROL MODULE and P1698-NO BUS MESSAGE FROM TCM (without the check engine light beign on). He tried to clear them but it would not let him, so he advised me to take the car to a car electrician. I recently found out that the car has been in an accident with the prior owner. I guess I would like to know if all these issues are connected somehow and what I should do. Thanks in advance.
Ginkod

Check the connection to the TCM if OK replace it!

Merlin2021
The actual error code is P1694 Fault In Companion Module No CCD Messages Received From ECM". I apologize.

Ginkod
How about the idling problem I was referring to in the same question? It idles below 500rpm and I know it should be around 650. I did all the standard stuff. Cleaned the idle air motor removed all carbon from throttle body and put in a new filter and still the same issue. I even replaced the idle air motor at one point but it did nothing. Thanks again.

Ginkod
I had the same error code. I also received the no bus, plus my car would start but then stop. I replaced the crank sensor and it seems to be fixed.

Rumspice
You can try emailing him, but it is a 3 year old post!

Merlin2021