CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TROOPER

2000 Isuzu Other

I have a 200o trooper. The intake manifold gaskets have been replaced 3 times in 96,000 miles. We recently had the timeing chain and water pump replaced at the dealers urging. For the last 6 months continues to show misfire codes. We have comppleted a fuel system cleaning and replaced the spark plugs. Recently we keep getting a p1340 code. Per the the repair shop and dealer it means there is a problem with cylinder cynranization. Again this morning it flashed for the entire 30 minute drive to work. Sometime it will go 4-5 days without coming on, other times it is on constantly. 2 oyxegen sensors have also been replaced. Between the dealer and a privete service center we cant seem to keep this light from coming on. Any suggestions Thanks Rick
Rthompson815

Humm it sound like you might have a bad cam or crank sensor. Have them checked. An engine codes in not always specific. It can be misleading and the engine sync problem can and probably is a cam or crank sensor problem Good luck

Losone
Thanks for your help. I will have them checked. I there anything else that could be causing the light. Thanks Rick

Rthompson815
Sorry to say not that I can think of, if was there looking at the problem with my scanner in hand I could tell you. The tech needs to look at the data stream and see what the sensors are doing.

The problem with modern day techs without a lot of gray hair, they are lost past what the engine codes reads. In this case one must analyze the engine data and then check out the problems.

Losone
Thanks for your help. Rick

Rthompson815
Bend conrod, does this sounds impossible?Modern fuel injection systems have a tendency to flood the cylinders very fast when testing fuel pumps. When starting a engine with it's cylinders filled with fuel the conrod will bend although slightly, this won't be visible with the naked eye. Your engine management system will do the same thing over and over again, supplyng the pistons with the correct dose of air and fuel, not knowing that one or more cylinders does not require the amount that the computer is sending anymore. The chance of electrical components giving in is very rare since cars are design to run on this electrical components for a very long time, in some cases even their whole lifespan

Marcellus