STARTER REMOVAL

2000 Infiniti G20

2000 Infiniti G20 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles

My question is in regard to the removal of the starter on the G20. I have a factory tech. Manual for this vehicle and, as good as it is overall, I cannot find starter removal procedures. The only thing the tech. Manual shows is a figure of the starter with the two mounting bolts. I need to remove the starter to lubricate the bushings as they are making noise on the first start up of the day.
I have been under the vehicle and can see the starter but it appears there are several components that have to be removed to get access to it.
Any help you may be able to give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,
J. Smithson
J Smithson

First off never heard of removing a starter to lubricate anyway here you go. First remove the positive starter cable then you remove the wires from the back of the solinoid (make note of what bolt or screw they came off from). Then remove the two bolts. They are removed from the starter side so the top bolt may not be able to be seen you will probably need to go by feel.

Racefan966
My manual says a) " remove the air intake" 2) undo two bolts.
When I got under the car, I can see the starter, but the bolts are screwed in from the engine's side.
I cannot see bolts from under the car. I undid the air intake hoses.

There is a mess of the hoses behind the engine where starter is supposedly located.
Any pointers are appreciated.

Yulaev