OBTAINED ERROR CODES:1529, 0720, &

2001 Hyundai Sonata

2001 Hyundai Sonata 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 118000 miles

I'll be driving and the RPM's will briefly peak, then the car will kick down to third, and will stay there until I restart the car. Codes seem to tell me this is a Speed Sensor and O2 Sensor issue, is this correct? If so, is the only prognosis sensor replacement? Finally, are there any other issues I should be looking out for that can arise from this problem?
Spoon_Woods

Yep, it's probably the speed sensors, I believe your car has 2 of them in the transmission.
It's a common problem with that year of Hyundais.

Buddycraigg
Alright, well I'll see how much Ebay has on those parts. I'm assuming I should replace both sensors, right?

Thanks for the confirmation guys!

Spoon_Woods
Actually, call your local dealer.
There was a campaign (a recall) for them on some models.
When ever a manufacturer does that, the cost of the parts go way down, to lower the price of the warranty bill.

And I dont remember which models it was, but some had both sensors built into one harness, with only one plug, so they came together.

And make sure to ask to talk to the service department to see if you car would still be covered under the campaign, have your VIN handy when you call.

Good luck

Buddycraigg