CAR WON'T START

1993 Honda Civic

1993 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

I attempted to start my car the other morning and when I turned the key all the lights lit up but no noise from my car. When I turn the key all the dash lights come on, headlights work, but no noise from my engine, not even a click. I attempted to jump off the starter and it began to spin, but didn't engage the motor, it only produced a loud whining noise. I had battery tested and charged, and it checked out fine. I checked all battery and starter cables for good connections, and they were fine. Still no response from engine when I turn the key. What is the problem, because otherwise this car runs like a sewing machine with no problems. Thanks.
Osujams_11

Inspect and test the starter cut relay, clutch switch and ignition switch

I checked all the mentioned parts and they all checked out, but while inspecting the clutch switch I noticed that the rubber grommet in the clutch pedal that is supposed to engage and disengage the clutch switch when depressed was missing. I also had one missing in my brake pedal, which would explain why my brake lights were staying on and draining my battery. Instead of putting rubber grommets back though I put metal pieces in there to engage both switches. My car started right up with no problems. Thanks for the direction.

Osujams_11