INTERMITTENT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND STARTING PROBLEMS

Honda Accord

1988 Honda Accord LXI, 214,000 k Have had car since she was new. (Had) Replaced clutch, timing belt, water pump at 205,000k at 210,000k had oxygen sensor replaced. With warm weather I had to open gas cap release pressure wait then she would start. Then when that failed I was instructed to use small amount of starter fluid in the intake. That worked. Check engine light is off and on. Then with cold weather no problem, she started everytime. Now with cold weather both removing gas cap and adding small amount of starter fluid she starts then dies, starts and dies? What to do now? Thank you.
Delsky06

This is Fuel injected, right? Have you had a pressure test done on the fuel system? Have you replace the fuel filter?

Bruce Hunt
Yes, it is fuel injected, and will start with checking fuel system, do you mean check pressure in fuel pump? And will check fuel filter. Thank you again.

Delsky06
You should check the fuel pressure at the rail where the injectors are located.

Bruce Hunt