AC CONTROL PANEL NOT WORKING

1999 Honda Accord

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX with 90,000 miles. Today when I tried to turn on the air conditioner by rotating the fan switch only the fan turned on and none of the little lights illuminated over the various functions on the AC control panel and all I get is warm air from the vents. The fan switch works fine but none of the other buttons function.
I have continuity through every fuse on the vehicle and I removed the dash panel and found all connections around the control panel to be secure.
I have also noticed that when I push the cruise control button located left of the steering wheel the green light does not illuminate, and the cruise control doesn’t work. That’s the first time I noticed this and I suspect the two problems are related.
Cherry107

Hi Cherry107,

Thank you for the donation.

The AC control panel is likely to be faulty causing the controls not to function correctly. The panel has a control circuit in the system and quite often it fails due to internal faults.

The cruise control should be a separate issue if the main control switch light turns on when operated. Check the brake switch to pedal clearance, excessive clearance would cause the cruise control not to work.