91 K2500 OIL LEAK

2012 GMC C1500

91 gmc k2500 4wd 5.7L, 250,000+, oil cooler adapter leaking at block, couldnt find gaskets that were to be there, tried what I could, drove 12 miles, fixed, so I thought, next morning 5 miles later, blew again in same spot, new gaskets are waiting, but need to know how they are installed, no one around can say for sure, gm dealer wants the work, wont help me, we are on welfare right now and need this running, no money left, just put $1500 in front end, everything is now new, water pump, all electronics on intake is new, trying to keep this thing alive till we can find work and get newer truck, sorry, no money for donation, so I am trying to help others on here if I can
Steelweels

OK STEELE GIT YOUR MESSAGE, IS IT LEAKING AT THE OIL FILTER PORTION OF THE COOLER, LIKE RIGHT ABOVE IT? AND WHAT BRAND OIL FILTER ARE YOU USING

CHEVYII
Fram oil filter, but it is leaking where the adapter mounts to the block, I changed the paper gaket with the metal sandwiched between, and put an o-ring to try and seal it, and it blew again after 15 miles

Steelweels
SO YOU PULLED THE FILTER AND THEN REMOVED THE TWO COOLER HOUSING BOLTS 10 MM DROPPED IT AND REPLACED THE ORING ACTUALLY THERE IS TWO THAT GO ON IT, AND WERE THEY DEALER PARTS, THERE WERE SEVERAL UPDATED ON THE PARTS SHOULD BE 6-8 BUCKS, AND IF YOU HAVE AIR COMP AT YOUR PLACE YOU COULD USE LOW AIR TO BLOW THROUGH THE LINES TO CHEK FOR BLOCKAGES

CHEVYII
Yes, correct on all, dropped two bolts, moved brace faway that goes to inspection pan for flywheel, was told by radiator shop NOT to remove lines if not needed, found a 2-inch piece of gasket(that is metal sandwiched by paper)on top of what looks like a screen or filter, didnt find anything else, replaced this gasket(included in set) which is a napa Victor Reinz set(gs33272), and also put the rubber o-ring on where the adapter mounts to the block, no sealer though, wasnt sure about that, was told maybe pcv valve was plugged or have back pressure somewhere, just not sure what gaskets are needed and where they go, there are different kits, Fel-Pro(es72671) but still no instructions on how to install them and which ones are needed

Steelweels
GO TO THE DEALER, THEY WILL HAVE MICRO FILM, I USED ON KIT A FEW MOTHS BACK AND THERE WASNT MUCH IN IT, AS I SAID BEFORE IF YOU HAVE A RESTICTION IN THE LINE OR COOLER WHICH SHOULD BE YOUR RAD THAT MAY DO IT BUT NOT THE PCV VALVE.

CHEVYII
So does this mean I need to pull the radiator and have it shop tested? Or is there a way I can do it while it is still in the truck? I do have a small compressor that I can try to blow out lines(really hate to break seals tho) will try to get this done today and leave the results here, thought maybe I could find this diagram online somewhere, need to post tranny problem on 89 chevy after I get this one done, not sure if it is tranny or torque converter.

Steelweels
No dont take it to the shop you can do it on the truck, look in the adapter you might have to step down some hose on you blower but you need to replace the gaskets anyway on the adaper? I thought

CHEVYII
Hey chevy, was just able to get to the truck today, adapter is loose and hangin, one line is off, both lines are off the radiator. When I loosened and dropped the adapter the lines spun in the connectors, is that ok?Can I blow air thru the holes to radiator to see if there is flow, or will this do damage? Will blow lines out when off, and adapter, still no help with diagrams for gasket install, cant tell yet what happened to the ones I put on, cant see up there yet. Thanks for the help.

Steelweels
Everything sounds fin for now, dont blow 120 psi just bump it and see what happens let me know on the gaskets and seals

CHEVYII
Okay, still workin carefully here to take this apart, can you help with how the gaskets go, called gm and 2 chevy dealers, either they dont want to help or they cant, dont know, I am sure they just want me to take it in, cant afford that right now, called some small shops around here and they dont have the techno, I dont know how they could fix it then, I need a darn diagram or breakaway of this little monster, as far as putting it back together.

Steelweels