ANTI THEFT SYSTEM

2001 Ford Windstar

2001 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

In the process of changing my fuel pump and all of a sudden it wont even turn over anymore. Its not the battery, alternator its like the anti theft wont give the starter power. Is there a way to reset this or any other suggestions would be great. Thx
GBconti01

Is the theft indicator light flashing or on costantly? If not the PATS is ok. Check starter motor and wiring

Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) contains a theft indicator, encoded ignition key, transceiver module, Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Standard Corporate Protocol (SCP) communication network, PCM power and start interrupt relays. PATS uses radio frequency identification technology to deter driveaway theft. Passive means it does not require any activity from user. PATS uses specially encoded keys containing permanently installed transponders. Each transponder contains an identification code. Each replacement encoded ignition key must be programmed into PCM before it is able to start engine. Encoded keys are larger than traditional keys, do not require batteries and should last lifetime of vehicle.
PATS transceiver module communicates with encoded ignition key. During each vehicle start sequence, transceiver module reads encoded identification code and sends data to PCM. PCM initiates key interrogation sequence when vehicle ignition switch is turned to ON or START position. PATS uses PCM to enable or disable engine.
PATS also disables starter motor. Theft indicator will prove out for 3 seconds when ignition switch is turned to ON or START position. If PATS is malfunctioning, theft indicator will flash rapidly or glow steadily. PATS theft indicator flashes every 2 seconds after ignition switch is turned to OFF to act as a visual deterrent. PATS will not store DTC or flash theft indicator if valid encoded ignition key is used and a failure occurs in starter relay circuit.
An unlimited key mode system is featured to allow programming of more than 8 keys to vehicle if needed. Each vehicle in unlimited key mode is set up with a special unlimited transponder security key. This allows all customer vehicle to share same keys, but no other keys from outside can be used to operate vehicles. For an individual customer, any randomly selected security key is acceptable.

Dave H
The theft light flashes like it always did. But when you turn the keys it wont do anything if you hook up wire right to starter it will turn over but not thru the ignition. Checked the relays grounds, battery, alt, Dont know whythis would just happen when it was fine before. Maybe neutral safety switch. Thx for the help.

GBconti01
I am having the same problem.

Can you tell me how you fixed this?

Thanks,

caribe@cableonda. Net

Caribe