STILL OVERHEATING!!!!

Ford Taurus

I have a 99 ford taurus with 130K miles on it. It recently overheated and I took it to a repair shop where they told me the overflow tank had a crack. Upon replacing the overflow tank I also had the lower and upper hoses replaced along with the thermostat, the water pump and the system flushed. A day later, I noticed a whistle noise coming from the car but not necessarily while I had the AC on. A few days later the " service engine" light lit up but the car was still running and the AC worked with out overheating. Just yesterday the car overheated again and when I blasted the heater, cool air came out instead of hot air. When I turned the car off a gurgling noise was heard and a " paaa chiii" noise. What is causing my vehicle to overheat? Any suggestions PLEASE HELP! I already spent a huge chunk of change on repairs and I would like to know what is causing this to happen.
THX.[/U][/b]
Taurustaurus

I'd return it back to the shop that did the work and explain the original problem is still present. Maybe it will be as simple as a defective t-stat, or as bad as a cracked cylinder head. I missed the engine size, some are prone to problems.

What code did the pcm give out in regards to the light? Cool air from the heater indicates either no water or not enough water, or the thermostat is not working properly. The gurgling could be the water moving around, if it's not full, you could hear it after the car is shut down. Remember, overheating is probably the worst thing that can happen to your engine, short of no lubrication. It can create all kinds of headaches.

TaurusWheel