DRIVER'S POWER WINDOW

2001 Ford Taurus

2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95123 miles

The switch of the driver's power window is not working. The 3 others switches and windows are working. I'd like to open the window panel to check what is defective. I took off the 4 screws off the panel, but I'm afraid to pry it that I might break something. I need your advise, please.
Ffishball55

Dont know if this is your problem, using a test light on the connector while you operate the switch is the only way to find out.
CONCERN             Driver's window is  inoperative. Testing has proved that the switch and window motor is ok.                 ANOTHER  CONCERN                It needs a computer because the one touch feature has failed. And it is expensive. And it has taken about  three hours to figure this out. The computer is behind the fuse panel and thats another hour to change. Now this is upwards to  $600 dollars for a fix. YUCK   THEORY                  If you could save the customer a considerable amount of money and get it working without the one touch feature, you would  impress the customer with your smarts. They can live with out the feature better than they   can without the money.   THE FIX              The computer  can be by-passed easily by cutting two wires and then do the by-pass. I've attached a picture  and a diagram that lays it all out for you. A  TIP.  Admin. the taurus has the same wiring diagram from 96 to 2006 on power windows. Can you copy to those years and link together? Yeplot of clicking. Thanks ...............jake

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_fix_copy_1.jpg

Merlin2021
Thanks for the information about the jumper.
Your fix worked like a charm.
Thanks so much, you really relieved a big headache.
Merlin2012 you really got it together.

Stevemcbride
So do you cut the brown wire and attach it to the red wire leaving the 2 wires unattachedfrom where you cut them from this by passes it by attaching just the 2 wires red and brown correct

Koolautos
None of my windows are working from any switch the relay just clicks ive changes all relays and fuses are good will this fix all the windows or just the drivers side or will it help we have tested the motor in the drivers side and it is good I rolled it up with a battery charger using a couple jumper wires after taking the connector off we were getting fore to the switch and to the motor but it still doesnt work it has a new window switch to its like the window locks are on or something

Koolautos