HOT STARTER WON'T ENGAGE

2000 Ford Ranger

2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 76,000 miles

I have had my truck to be inspected for this problem but the mechanic couldn't make the problem happen so nothing got done. My truck's starter works fine when it is cold but when I leave a store too soon and try to start my truck, the starter doesn't do anything or make a noise. I have since learned to give the truck at least half an hour to cool down and then the starter will work. My battery was new Dec 2007 and it checks better than it is rated. I think it is heat that is making the starter not work. Is heat making something expand so much it is not making a good connection? Is it fixable or do I need to have the starter replaced?
Orki

Could be a bad starter/solenoid. Check for 12 volts at the small wire on the starter with key in crank position. If it has power then the starter needs to be replaced. If none, then get back to me and we will figure out where it stops

Jack42
Thanks for your help. I am not capable of doing the checks nor could I find free info on how to do it. I did re-visit my mechanic and once I told him the problem only occurs after the engine is fully warmed, he then said it was a bad starter. So he placed the starter and I haven't had the problem re-occur.

Orki
Glad to hear it

Jack42