NO HEAT

2000 Ford Expedition

Heater problem
2000 Ford Expedition V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 149000 miles

I have not heat in my vehicle. I have changed the thermostat, changed and flushed the coolant and got nothing. I was told to check the heater control valve but I can not locate it. Can you help me. And is that something easy to change
Robt262003

First, you don't have a heater control valve. In the vehicle is a blend door that determines if you get heat or AC. It is located near the heater core under the dash.

However, I need you to check something. With the engine running, hot, and the heater on high, feel both heater core hoses. Both should be hot.

Let me know what you find.

I have a 2000 ford expedition that has had no heat for the last two years. I tried thermostats
and flushed and flushed the system again and again. Flushed the heater core again and again. No heat. Changed the waterpump too. No heat. Flushed theheater core. No heat. And yes at operating tempature both heater hoses were hot. But no heat. So I said to myself what I have been deading heater core? Yes I changed the heater core. And guess what? Heat like you would not believe!I took the old heater core and sawed open the tanksand it was pluged solid with sludge. Turned out only two runs were open. With fluid being lazy it took the path of least resistance and thats what was keeping my heater hoses hot having me think there was good circulation. So for all you outher guys driving igloos on wheels be ware of the heater core when all elce fails. Warning this is not a small job! Aprox 11hrs. I am a licenced tech and its quite a job. The whole dash has to come off clear to the firewall in order to get heater core acess. Hope I have been some help brian.

Brepair