HARD DOWN SHIFT

2002 Dodge Stratus

2002 Dodge Stratus V4 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 20715 miles

I just changed the transmission fluid and filter in my 02 dodge stratus sedan, now have hard down shift around 30 mph. It never did this before and I didnt touch anything else. I used the correct trans fluid it called for, I tried driving it for a couple miles hopeing it would go away after it all circulated threw the gears but that didnt work.

what do you think the problem is?
02stratus

I was wanting to know if you have found out what was wrong with your car because my 2001 is doin the same thing but I didnt change the fluid or anything.

Hotchips1
Take it to a shop or parts store that will scan for both hard and soft codes for free or very low cost. Many will do it for free. Tell them you especially need codes from the transmission control module.

Rivermikerat
Scanning it for codes will tell us if the computers have noticed any problems with the signals from any of the sensors, solenoids, or valves in the transmission.

Rivermikerat