GAUGES & GAS TANK QUESTION

1999 Dodge Neon

Sometimes when I am driving the gauges all shut off, the gas gauge goes to E, the speedometer goes to 0, and so does the temperature gauge. It only lasts a little while then kicks back in, today it was just the speedometer, it wasn't registering the right speed at all, was all over the place.

What could be wrong?

2nd question:

When I go to fill my gas tank, even if close to empty and I let it pump automatically stops at $2 or $3 and spews gasoline out and does this a few times while I am filling the tank. I tried STP fuel injection/gas treatment. Could it be a clog?

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Cemj72

Well for your first question, that is deff a fuse. Check your fuses, that is the problem as for the gas tank, please explain more. You mean 3$ fills your tank up? That cant be.

Lsussel
I already changed the fuse, took it in to Merchant's Auto and they said it could be a cluster going bad. The wires are good and so is the speed sensor. They tell me only Chrysler dealer can fix because they have to flash the computer of the cluster if if needs replaced and program the new cluster before putting it in.

As for gas tanl it stops at 2 or 3 bucks then spews out gas, and does one or two more times as I am manually filling it up.

They tell me it could be a kink in a hose, but gut said his van does it, and it is a pain, but not something worth shelling out the cost of labor for to try and find problem and repair it.

What are your thoughts?

Cemj72