SHUTS OFF

2006 Dodge Magnum

2006 Dodge Magnum 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 35,000 miles

Im a deplyed soldier in Iraq and my wife has me concerned because she told me that our vehicle is shutting off on her when she starts it, backs up out of our drive way, and also when she comes to a stop. Im not good with vehicle so im not able to tell her what it might be. If you guys might know what may cause that problem I sure would like to know so that I can tell her to take it to the shop and sound like she knows what she is saying. I just dont want them to know that she has no clue and end up selling her a whole new engine. Thank you.
Maulen123

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. If it is stalling when she comes to astop, it may need a throttle body service. At that low of mileage it shouldnt be too dirty though. Have the PCM scanned to see if it recorded any fault codes that may lead to the fix. That vehicle is probably " drive-by-wire" so it doesnt have a throttle cable. If there is any problem with the sensor on the gas pedal or the motor on the throttle body it can cause stalling.

Jack42