IDLES LOW AND STALLS...

2000 Dodge Intrepid

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid with about 107,000 miles and when I am driving at low speeds (25-50 mph) the car is putting out about 1500 rpms but may shoot up to the normal 2000 rpm range. When driving on the highway the rpms are closer to 2200-2500rpm, driving 65-75mph. Most importantly, when slowing down to make a turn or at a stop, the car will once and a while stall. I am able to start the car after a couple turns, but have been making turns at a slow speed and lose my power steering and brakes. A little tough to navigate if there is an uncoming car!
Hope someone can help!
Thank you.
Wilber

Your rpm sounds about normal, as for the stalling when slowing up. The cheapest thing to start with is the fuel filter& with that milage it just might be. I had a car do the same thing when I had to stop quick it would stall. Can't explan it but thats the only thing I changed and it worked. Hopefully u can get this lucky too. If u got any? Replacing filter send reply. Good luck Jess S.

Jpam
EGR Valve?

Harley70