ENGINE SHUTS DOWN WHEN DRIVING

1992 Dodge Dynasty

1992 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 162000 miles

After normal operation, ten to fifteen minutes of driving, the engine turns off. I have replaced the crank, fuel filter, oil sending unit, coil pack, tighten battery cables. When idiling, the engine does not turn off; only when driving after ten to fifteen minutes. After waiting three to four minutes, the vehicle will start up.
Jtsandman59

The fuel filter won't cause this. Does the Check Engine light come on while you're coasting to a stop? If so, do you know how to read the diagnostic fault codes? The engine computer watches a number of things, but nothing in the fuel supply system is monitored. The code(s) will lead you to the electrical system with the problem, not the specific part.

The most logical culprit would have been the crankshaft position sensor. Although it would be unlikely for two different sensors to cause the same problem, we still shouldn't overlook the possibilities. Did you use the paper spacer with the new sensor to properly set the air gap? I got bitten once after I got cocky and thought I didn't need that spacer. The engine ran fine for two weeks, then developed an intermittent stall when warm. Replaced the sensor, problem solved. Put the old sensor in a trade-in car, and never had a problem. Oops!

While the engine is running, try wiggling on the electrical harness connectors. In particular, the injector harness on the driver's side of the engine. Wiggle the harness under the battery tray too.

Although not common, you might try swapping the Automatic Shutdown (ASD) relay with one of the other ones to see if that has any effect.