BLOWING RAD FAN FUSES

2001 Chrysler Sebring

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 198000 miles

Hey guys, My car has been having ongoing problems with the cooling system. Last winter the heat stopped working altogether and I noticed that my in-dash temp control circuit board had some loose connections. I had a friend re-solder them. My heat started working again, only it would just start to work when my speed got over 80km/hr. As I slowed down, so did the heat. It is now summer where I am and my car has over-heated twice now. The problem it seems is in the radiator fan. I have replaced the 40amp fuse that powers the rad fan and it began to work for a couple of days. I had A/C working and the temp guage read normal for two days and then the fuse blew (I replaced it again and both the high and low rad fan relays). It seems like there is a power surge that keeps blowing the new fuses I put in. My question is could the re-soldering in the temp control cause such a power surge, requiring a new in-dash temp control panel or could it be something else like the rad fan motor that is causing the surge?
Mattybaker

Try to rotate the Rad Fans by hand. I had the same problem. I found my high Speed fan was sticking. It did not rotate freely.

Patrick Mendis