VACUUM LEAK

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

My partner and I just rebuilt the top end of this engine, warp head, due to overheating. The head that was sent to me did not have a hole drilled for the EGR valve. I was told we could drill it our selves as this was one of the last peices to be reinstalled on the engine. We drilled the hole into one of the cooling ports, and when we started the engine we had water every where. After fixing all of our mistakes, and restarting the engine, and now it sound like we have a vacuum leak. Could the EGR valve be damaged? Any ideas? Other that a rough idle, every thing else seams to be fine once all of the water burned off.

updated 12/07/09
Thank you; I found the leak.
It turned out to be a hose from the PVC valve to the air intake manifold. It Just got old.
An $18.00 item from the dealer.
Wem3

Hi there,

You will first have to positively locate this vacuum leak, use a length of small dia hose as a stethoscope and listen for it, you will know when you locate it as it will be very loud.

Mhpautos