TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1995 Chrysler New Yorker

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong wi my car?
At 38 miles per hour my car will throw itself into limp mode; it drops down real suddenly, it doesn't do it all the time either, most times when the transmission is heated up or if you turn the heat on in the car it will do it, drives sometimes perfectly as long as it is cold and you don't turn the heater on, I have had the intake and outpu sensors replace and fluid and filter replace recently, and aterwards I noticed the check engine light wants to come on, the car is acting really strange, mechanic recommended I take it to the dealer to have it re=flashed what ever that is, any body have any insight as to what it could be
Katherine

I can't tell by your post if the problem is the transaxle. I did see a service bulletin that related to " transaxle limp in mode" caused by the intermittent loss of the speed sensor signal. It may also have the following codes, 36, 50 to 56.
Check your codes. The transaxles listed was 41TE/AE or 42LE.

May not be your problem, just a thought.

Lytn_j