SEBRING REAR BRAKE DRUM

2005 Chrysler Cirrus

The brake drums on my 2005 sebring will not come off, Is the rear brake drum held on by the hub nut or seperate like my earlier chrysler cirrus?
Deny

Drums are horrible to remove I agree. From my knowledge the drum just sits on the lug bolts. But if you have a broken spring or if you have had a few brake problems arise the pads on the inside are most likely pushing outward on the drum making it even harder to remove.A few suggestions dont be afraid to take a deadblow hammer to it to try and break the pads free and you can also use a few screwdrivers to pry the drum off from the backside helps to have an accomplice becareful though not to gouge the break pads using the screwdrivers. Good luck : )

Syncrait
Used wd40 around the drum opening and hub flange and the drum came off. Some models have a detend screw holding the drum to the hub.

Deny
Also the the outward push of the brake pads can be reduced by backing off the brake adjuster which can be accessed by removing a rubber garment on the back of the brake plate. Using a screw driver it can be backed off.
Of course using a hammer and screw drivers could still be helpful.
(JUST REPLYING FOR FUTURE USE FOR OTHER USERS)
THNXS JESS S

Jpam