BRAKE LIGHTS????

Chevrolet Truck

1998 Chevy Pickup, 165,000 miles. I have no brake lights, the third light up top works fine, as do all running lights, turn lights, back up. But no brake lights. I have replaced the brake switch( 2 of them, one was DOA out of box!), Brake relay under the hood, all bulbs. I have traced all wires all the way to the back, they are fine. I can take a wire that is 12v hot and touch it to the wires that go back and I get brake lights. Is there some part that makes the turn signal and brake power go together or is it done in the break switch? What other parts are in the system?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP !
George
BAGA58

The highmount brake light feeds from the brake switch and the lower brake lights run through the turnsignal switch assembly. More than likely you have a faulty turnsignal switch.

Cly

Cly
Ok, I was thinking that my problem was somewhere in that area. Where could I find the turnsignal switch assembly at? Is that where the power 12v from brake light and signal come together? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !

BAGA58
The turnsignal switch is located in the steering column. You have disassemble the top of the column to replace it.

Cly

Cly