CHEVY NO HEAT.

2002 Chevrolet S-10

Heater problem
2002 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 102570 miles

I lost the heat in my 2002 S10. I replaced the thermostat with no results. The temp. Gauge gets to its normal location in the same time as always. I've had no trouble with overheating. It looked fairly clean in the radiator when I had the cap off. My question is, do you feel my problem is with the heater core, or the temp control knob on the dash? Thanks for any help.
Ratherbflying

Welcome to the forum, does the blower motor work? Are the heater hoses hot? Can you check for circulation through the heater core?

The blower motor is working fine. I'm not sure how to check for blockage in the heater core. Can you tell me where to find the heater hoses? If the heater core was blocked, would I have overheating trouble? The heat did come back for about 5 minutes after changing the thermostat, but hasn't since. This was after turning the temp control knob back to cold then hot repeatedly. I don't know if this was coincidence or a problem with the temp control. Thanks again.

Ratherbflying
The heater hoses should go to firewall, passenger side, they attach to the heater core. I Tried to find a picture of attached heater hoses, couldn't find one? Two hoses from engine block to heater core. If I take a hose loose, I take loose from engine block, bump starter, no start. See if coolant comes out of return line. I haven't found anything on heater hose routing.