CHEVY TRANSMISSION SLIPPING

1999 Chevrolet S-10

1999 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

The transmission continues to slip. Sometimes when I first take off it will be really sluggish, then change just fine through the rest of the gears. Other times, it takes off just fine then won't change well into 3rd. I have replaced the sealanoids and no change. I had a refurbished transmission installed, and still same problem, then a second refurbished transmission installed and, still, same problem. Now I have taken it to a techinician that says it is in the wiring of the transimssion that is causing the sealanoids to mess up. The technician claims no matter what transmission is installed, new or used, the wire short is going to " fry" the transmissin or whatever is inside. I need help! Surely, I haven't bought two bad transmissions. The technician has it over two months now, certainly that is enough time to chase a wiring issue. Could it be within the computer of the truck as a whole, or simply the wiring to the transmission?
Rgmccartyjr

I think it is most likely the PCM, unless there was an event where you ran over something that could have damaged the wiring harness.

Mmprince4000
Also check throttle position sensor and vehicle speed sensor as they will also interfere with the proper operation of your transmission.

Paparoach
I have a 97 chevy s10 v6 4.3 rear wheel drive and I also have the same problem> on my 2nd refurbished transmission and a referbished torque converter and still cant figure out the problem. But I believe I have to reset the ecm by disconnecting the neg cable and removing 2 fuses from ecm for 15 min. Havent tried it but will give it a try. Let me know if u find out anything else

Singlezc