CHEVY O2 SENSOR

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

Computer problem
2000 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 78000. Miles

I had code po141 checked fuses changed bank # 2 sensor. Drove car for 2 days cel back on same code po141 please help with what to do next. Thanks-Jerry-
Theboss

Hello
Thanks for the donation.

This code might illuminate for a faulty downstream oxygen sensor as well. Possibly on the passenger side and pre-catalytic converter. The code is just an assistant that helps pinpoint the problem, it does not always point out the exact component that needs replaced.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for using 2carpros. Com!

Bluelightnin6
You should check the supply voltages to all of the oxygen sensors with a meter to ensure they are getting correct power. If one or all of them are without power (or too much), trace wiring and test for shorts/opens in the wiring.

Possible causes of the code are below: A code P0141 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: -Open or short to ground in the wiring harness

-O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance

-O2 heater element resistance is high

-Internal short or open in the heater element

Note: Typically a failed catalytic converter does not cause this code. You're more likely to see a P0420 code for a failed converter.

Possible Solutions: -Replace oxygen sensor(s)

-Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors

Hope this helps.
Thanks for using 2carpros. Com!

Bluelightnin6
Thank you for the reply, I had to replace both sensors and the cel is staying off. I do appreciate the information you supply to many of us. Thanks again-Jerry-

Theboss