CHEVY 95 3.1LT 80,000 M

1995 Chevrolet Lumina

Fast idle or very high rpm in parking.I change the idle control valve noting happens still with very high rpm?
Surfmobile

Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. Hvae it checked with a smoke test by a mechanic.

Losone
I check all the vacums line sinse to be ok if any hidden under dis?

Surfmobile
I didn't tell you to check vacuum lines, I told you to get a mechanic to check it with a smoke test. This will derermine if you have a cracked intake, bad intake gasket or brake booster. They inject a generated smoke from a machine and you can quickly see where you have a vacuum leak.

Losone
Thanks for the help!
I scan the car and it showing me code 22 TPS sensor you thing this can be a problem for the high idle?

Surfmobile
95 and 96 vehicles were saddled with a Simtec code system. They were difficut to read and were replaced with OBD1 in 97 which was easier to handle.

22 Throttle position sensor - voltage low would give you a high idle because the computer is looking for a voltage around.5 volts. Low is probably 0. Replece the TPS. It is not expensive.

Losone
: D Iam glad to have profecional like you helping people in the caribbean!Ihave a couple of : 1-idle seed sensor code 35 is the same as idle cotrol valve.
2-h02s error code 13 is the same as oxigen sensor. Thanks again!

Surfmobile
Humm the code 13 means you have an open circiut in the O2 sensor. It is probably bad. Those codes can interact with each other especially code 35.

I would replace the O2 sensor first. It's and easy job. It is a 13/16 size the same as a large spark plug. Don't mess with the wire when you take it out, cut it off right on the sensor. It will allow you to get a socket over the sensor.

When you replace it don't touch the O2 element. Use an open end 13/16 wrench to just snug it tight. It doesn't need to be really tight. The sensor unplugs from a simple connector.

Here in Biloxi, Mississippi I feel like we are on an Island. Katrina took out both bridges east and west. We have one way out North. Hope it's a better year.

Losone

Losone
: D car is back to normal check ingine off and with your help I did it my self thanks again!

Surfmobile