CHEVY BATTERY LIGHT

2000 Chevrolet Impala

2000 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

The battery light in my 2000 chevy impala will come on while im driving and shut my car off. It comes on when im driving or when im idiling. I have taken it to the dealership and they said they couldnt get it to shut off for them. I dont understand what is going on?
Nichole23

Thats all they told you? Did they check it with a scan tool? Can you give me a little more information?

Rhall77
I am having the same problem with my impala right now! Has your service traction light ever come on before your battery light does? Mine started out just the battery light coming on and then the car would die. They tried saying it was the fuel pressure regulator, but that didn't fix it, then the next time it happened my service traction system light came on and then just minutes after the battery light came on and it died, it happens almost every morning to me, but never can the dealership mechanic get it to do the same thing! I even left it there over night 2 times to so they could hook the computer scanner to it, but it would never do it for them! They get a code, but not a helpful one. They thought it might be the ignition switch assembly because they felt a catch in the system at times, but then it has happened once since then, this time when I tried to restart it was hard to get it to turn over and it died while I wasn't driving, but still that battery light was on. The only other solution they have is that it could be a PCM (Power Control Module) problem, but the part is expensive so I don't want to risk it til they can get it to do it, so let me know if you found out anything about yours because the problem sounds similar! I'm getting tired of goign to the dealership and paying money for something that's not fixing the problem based on their assumption of what it could be!

Jrprz4