FUEL INJECTORS

Chevrolet Cheyenne

I own a 98 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 305 5.0 truck. It has approx. 130, 00 miles. I need to replace my injectors for the second time in 2 1/2 years. Is there reason why these injectors can be causing such a problem in a short amount of time? Can you also explain to me if possible how to replace them. Being that I am a full time college student I don't have the money for expensive shop labor fees. I also had them cleaned as well as my fuel pump and fuel filter replaced twice. Any type of info or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
TomasLV

Whats going wrong with them, are they shorting out or are they plugging up.

To remove just take off the air intake manifold and the fuel injectors should pull out of the rail with a firm pull.

Blackop555
My engine idles hard and misses when accelerating. I thought cleaning them would solve the problem, but that was just a temporary fix. I actually had the injectors replaced a year and a half ago. I was mistaken when I said it was 2 1/2 yrs. When adding the cost of parts and labor for reparing twice, I can buy a new engine. It's been very frustrating.

TomasLV
Change the fuel filter and drain and scrub your fuel tank, may be full of bad gas causing the injectors to plug up and stop working.

Blackop555
Also fuel with a high ethanol content is known to plug fuel injectors at a furious rate. It leaves a lot of deposits which harden after turning off your engine and plug up the fuel injectors and coat a lot of stuff.

Indyuke